Escape Reality with the Golden Valley’s Film Club

Isabella Galvez and Isabella Vasquez are presenting this weeks topic for Film Club on September 14, 2023.
Grayson Clark

The finest place for movie fans and prospective filmmakers is GV’s new film club. Students meet weekly on Thursday in room 412 during lunch. They explore topics about different directors, movies, and even watching movie screenings.

What is Film Club All About?

In the words of club co-president Bella Galvez, “Film Club seeks to provide an inclusive space for film lovers of all backgrounds to venture into the beautiful world of cinematic arts by building a real-life community where collaboration is accessible.” 

Galvez, one of two co-presidents with fellow student Isabella Vazquez, continued to mention the goals and ambitions she had when creating the club stating, “ We strive to bring Golden Valley students together, elevate great films, and provide opportunities for any aspiring filmmakers on campus”. Film Club aims to provide a comprehensive space for students interested in film to wander into the excellent world of cinematic craftsmanship. 

The members of Film Club are elaborating their ideas during the meetings discussion time. (Grayson Clark)

Why Should Students Join Film Club? 

Film club is a great way to get students involved, and to find a way to engage with each other. Members of the club can express themselves in a judgment-free zone. Brianna Sardelich, a student who attends the club  mentioned “If you really are into film analogy you would love to join this club.” In case you’d like to seek a career in film, joining this club can assist you to succeed in your future. On the off chance that you like to learn more about directors and makers within the film industry coming to this club can give you a superior point of view of learning about them.

Behind the Scenes With the School Advisor. 

Mindy Foster, the club advisor, helps film club activities. She mentions how she has a lot of experience with Film and TV; both her son and daughter have done a lot of work in that industry. “Students organize everything, I’m just there just in case they need some help” Foster emphasized. Having a club run by students is beneficial. It allows them to get experience by being leaders, and by taking on different roles in the club.

The Bigger picture of Film Club is showing classic movies and talking about what they observed and the different perspectives from behind the scenes. These club gatherings are a nice way to socialize and meet new people who have similar interests. Each meeting has an engaging conversation, giving knowledge into a movie’s theme. Film club gives youthful individuals an opportunity to take part in something engaging, creative, and social. If you are interested in film and television, this is the club for you! 

Student Submissions
Submissions are now open !

Student Submissions are now open ! Submit your articles, poems, short stories, and opinion pieces. This month’s theme is Nostalgia although it’s not limited to it, it is strongly encouraged. We look forward to reading your amazing pieces !

Submit Your Pieces Here

About the Contributors
Lynn Escobar
Lynn Escobar, Staff Writer
Lynn was born in Antelope Valley California, but raised in Santa Clarita the rest of her life after she turned 1 years old. They are now a senior at Golden Valley High School and a staff writer for the CEPAT News Team. Her family is very involved with her and wants her to succeed.  She is involved with their school club called HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America). She’s also involved with theater arts (children theater). She has been in theater for 3 years of her high school years. She is very passionate to be talking about medical and health related topics. She is very passionate because she sees herself getting into the medical field. Being a journalist is  new to her, but she hopes to share more of the issues of art and creativity in our world by educating people about art, culture, entertainment and how it's made. Ashlynn is very interested in anything horror, loves Vampire Diaries, and loves Spiderman! 
Grayson Clark
Grayson Clark, Section Editor
Grayson Clark is a senior here at Golden Valley High School and the Staff Writer for the CEPAT News Team for the Grizzly Gazette.  He enjoys painting, drawing, reading, and learning about tattooing.  He is passionate about spreading news that has to do with arts, media, and culture because people our age can really connect with it.  Talking about this topic is always a good conversation starter that allows you to really get to know someone and their interests.  To him, being a part of the school newspaper, The Grizzly Gazette, is important because it is written and created by students that know what will appeal to our readers.  He has always been interested in media, so being able to create content for many people to read excites him.  He enjoys spending time with his friends, family, and pets.  Grayson is planning on going to tattoo school and opening his own tattoo shop after moving to Oregon.  He loves binging horror movies and playing video games with his friends.