Looking for a future in health care HOSA club is for you

Vianney makes a name for herself as HOSAs Communication Representative for 2023-2024, September 11th 2023 at Golden Valley High School.
Vianney makes a name for herself as HOSA’s Communication Representative for 2023-2024, September 11th 2023 at Golden Valley High School.
Dylan Vo

Looking for a future in health care, Check out HOSA club

A new club is at Golden Valley High School. HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) is a student-led organization that meets every other Monday at lunch in Ms. Yate’s room, 302.

To join, students must be eager, and very committed. Starting with a $20 membership fee, HOSA is an interactive and beneficial club to those who want a career in the health industry as it provides the knowledge and experience needed to join.

Max Rhodehouse introduces themself as HOSA’s newest Communication Representative, September 11th 2023 at Golden Valley High School. (Dylan Vo)

Working in the medical field is a huge task and responsibility. HOSA is looking to prepare students with knowledge, and experience about the medical field before going into college. Isabella Anber Arcasetas, the digital publicist, spoke more to HOSA’s goals within the club, “HOSA wants to engage the members to improve and develop new skills that can be highly beneficial for any medical professions that they aspire to partake in.”. The club is actively working in different ways to be a foundational step for students at Golden Valley, and for it to be the club people join to gain instrumental experience.

Noel Sanchez, treasurer of HOSA, conveys, “Their goal is to encourage future health professionals to be the leaders in the global health community. HOSA achieves their goal by using education, collaboration, and experience.” To further expand HOSA’s goals, they actively promote career opportunities in the health industry to help deliver quality healthcare to everyone. The club helps grow future leaders to amplify the quality of healthcare, as people in the medical field are what makes great healthcare possible.

Isabella Arcasetas (Left), the Digital Publicist of HOSA, introduces herself to her peers during their first meeting, September 11th 2023 at Golden Valley High School. (Dylan Vo)

One of the main focuses HOSA has this year is to gather a variety of health professionals to come speak. Through guest speakers, HOSA aims to educate students about the health industry and what it means to be a health professional.

Although the club is new, they have so much to offer for a future in the medical field. Tina Umassor, the president of the HOSA club at Golden Valley, said, “They have a full room every 2 weeks, but are changing it to once a month. There are activities like ice breakers, informational/state meetings, and quizzes to help find the perfect path in the health industry.” Members of the HOSA club are encouraging students to hurry up and sign up, don’t miss out on this chance to be part of something amazing on campus.

Extra contacts/ information:
– President- Tina Umassor [email protected]
– Instagram- @gvhs_hosa
– Google classroom- Code vxgsl6p
– Remind code- Text @99dgd8 to 81010

About the Contributors
Lucas Castro
Lucas Castro, Staff Writer
Lucas Castro is a senior at Golden Valley high school and one of the Grizzly Gazette’s staff writers on the CEPAT Team. He is involved in the school marching, symphonic, and jazz bands on campus. There have been many accomplishments that he has made, they include being in the district honor band for 2 years and the district honor jazz band for a year. He is very passionate about playing music and it is a big part of his life, so it will reflect in his writing. The reason why he is passionate about music is because he likes to get involved with the community through music and enjoys learning new things that give him a challenge. What being a student journalist in the school newspaper means to him is that he will be able to write about what he wants and express his ideas through his writing. Some of his hobbies include playing video games and playing his instruments saxophone and clarinet. 
Dylan Vo
Dylan Vo, Photographer
Dylan Vo is the photographer for the Campus News Team of the Grizzly Gazette. He is currently a senior at Golden Valley High School and has been attending it since his freshman year. On top of his position in the Grizzly Gazette, he is also the Treasurer of both SkillsUSA and DFY in SCV, participates in clubs like Asian Student Union, CSF, and DEI, is a CTE Pathway Completer, and has plenty of hours and experience in community service. He also possesses a Youtube channel with over 1,000 subscribers that documents various topics within video game communities. Some of his interests include editing and posting videos, using Photoshop to create new images and designs, and watching TV shows on platforms like Disney Plus and Netflix. The main reason he joined the Grizzly Gazette was to enhance his journalism skills not only for his channel, but also for the greater good of the school through its newspaper. A couple of topics he covers here at the Grizzly Gazette are campus and online news since he believes students and staff should learn more about the activity occurring on both school grounds and the internet. To him, being a student journalist means not only being a part of something that can make a positive impact on the school, but also exposing writers to both new and old skills that can assist them throughout their lives.