Softball Spoils Hart’s Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony with 3-2 Victory

Hart cuts ribbon prior to game; GV vs hart
Via. @hart_high_school
Hart cuts ribbon prior to game; GV vs hart Via. @hart_high_school
Noa

Hart High softball opened their own home field for the first time, after decades of playing at Newhall park. They had a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of the field prior to the game. Golden Valley softball spoiled their ceremony with a 3-2 comeback win.

Hart started off strong with a run in the second inning, however they began to fall apart mid-game, giving up a run to Golden Valley in the fourth, and giving up two more in the fifth. Hart got one back in the bottom of the fifth but they were stifled by Golden Valley pitcher Italia Ballestrasse in the sixth and seventh, leading to the Grizzlies winning their first league game of the year.

Grizzly softball is 5-8-1, and with the win over Hart, they are 1-0 in league play. They will play their next game against Canyon at home on Thursday, March 14, and will travel to Castaic to play on Saturday, March 16.

Congratulations to the Golden Valley softball team for their great start in league.

About the Contributor
Adrian Ramos
Adrian Ramos, Section Editor
Adrian Ramos, more commonly known as Ramos is a senior at Golden Valley High School as well as the Section Editor of the Journalism sports team. He has been involved in different kinds of sports like baseball, football, and even golf since he was around 6. Ramos is also a 4-year football player and was awarded the Coaches Award his sophomore year. He has recently been involved in Sports medicine to learn more about sports-related treatments and injuries. Sports have been important to Ramos all His life and he continues to follow coverage of sports as a hobby. He wishes to teach others and influence others to learn about different sports or to even join them. He likes keeping up with the community as well as telling the truth to the community. He has lived in California all his life and is looking to continue his education at a 4-year university to one day become a Social worker.