New CCR Sports Medicine Class

Golden Valley opens a new medicine and sports science CCR (College & Career Readiness) class for students who want to further learn more and pursue their medical careers.

Patrick and a student in the sport medicine class

Golden Valley opens a new medicine and sports science CCR (College & Career Readiness) class for students who want to further learn more and pursue their medical careers. Giving the students heads up on what it’s like in the working field, and getting a chance to help people.

The sports athletic trainer, Patrick Godines, has dedicated his mornings to teaching students about the human body. The students get hands-on experience working with Patrick and student athletes. This gives more opportunities for the kids who want to be in the medical field and be doctors and physicians in the future. Taking these CCR classes while in high school can help students get scholarships to college.

Now getting an inside look and talking to some of the students involved with the class and see how they are feeling about their progress. Senior student, Joey Scattaglia, said that, “The most challenging part of the class is being prepared for any situation”. Patrick, the Athletic trainer/Advisor, also expressed that, “It is tough keeping up with the day today protocol with injuries and day to day practice, but I love helping all my students and teaching them the in’s and out’s of sports medicine.”

Patrick going to attend an injured football player

The class is challenging , but it will only set you up for success. The student’s are building good life skills by waking up early, learning sports medicine on a college level, and being able to deal with the rest of their academics and athletics.

It’s clear this class is a good addition to Golden Valley. I feel it really challenges the students and sets them up for success in college. If these students continue the medical route and graduate medical school, they can become a professional licensed doctor.

If you want to do something in this life, you have to go for it. It’s great to see students are getting ahead of the game and staying focused. We need more health care classes in schools. The Youth is our future.